What's new
  • Hello Guest, join our discord! https://discord.gg/89kBZQx

Whitford Mayoral Election Nominations

Knight

Staff member
C. Head Staff
S. Event Manager

With the mayor killed by the scouting party of a raider force, a new mayor must be chosen by the populace. The mayor will be in charge of acting as a large leadership figure for the town, choosing a sheriff, as well as organizing any other town leadership roles that may be needed.

Anyone can run for mayor. (The election itself will be hosted via the forums so you won't need to be on the server to vote). Post any campaign notices here.

Larry the Scamp is nominating himself for the position of mayor of Whitford.

An extra statement from Larry is included:
"When I get elected as mayor for the town, I promise I will ensure that the town will get the establishments it requires. For one, the town desperately needs more doctors and a place to leave the wounded. along with medical supplies to provide for them.
Beside that, I will make sure that the town with get a clear and fair set of rules. None of the damn 'You're not allowed to have this gun because it's too scary.' crap."

Chance Holland, local writer, former Veteran, and a self-proclaimed minor economist, has nominated himself for the position of Mayor or Whitford.

A statement had been made by the candidate, posted on local posters that were typed out:
"The other current candidates, as much as they may have good hearts, ultimately don't know what this town needs. They also lack a precise policy goal, which I can offer. As mayor, I will emphasize the need for a strong business community with enough power to maintain its independence from both the Legion and the New California Republic. We will also have a strong base of libertarian values that will allow the citizens of this fine town to live free. I have several ideas how to do just that.." The rest are bullet points.

• Establish diplomatic relations with outside parties in order to facilitate a beneficial trade relationship between Whitford and the outside world
  • Create a free-trade economy by which all activities that do not harm the public (IE, no Hitmen) , such as alcohol, the weapons industry, scrap, and manufacturing, are protected by the town and encouraged so that the economy can flourish
  • The establishment of a fair legal system, by which all members have the right to a guaranteed public defender, to guard their character in the face of accusation
  • The right of citizens to be held innocent until proven guilty
  • The right of the people of Whitford to have as many social freedoms as possible, that ain't the business of the government. Just don't burn each other's houses down and have shootouts
  • The establishment of a trading center within the city in a building, so that outside caravans can establish a permanent trade presence in the town
  • The establishment of a strong town militia to guard the town
  • A declaration of no discrimination! I don't have a fuck if you're a man, woman, or a mutant, all are welcome here so long as they don't trample on our freedoms
  • Public support of the medical industry to better care for the town
  • Strong property rights, with only limited government interference with regard to taxation, only enough to keep the town running
"I'm Chance Holland, if you're tired of people who don't know what they're doing, I encourage you to take a risk, and vote me for Mayor."

If you have any questions for the Chance Holland campaign, please contact Chance Holland.

John 'Jack' Doe nominates himself as Mayor of Whitford

A note is left: "John Doe thinks he can be Mayor of Whitford? Yeah of course he does, John's a good man, strong man, always been in charge o' folk since the dawn of time. John's a farmer now, helpin' out wherever he can because that's what a Mayor does. John's plans are to give people what they want, but moreover, what they need, a strong hand of leadership."

"John is starkly opposed to yellow-bellies who think they'll get everyone workin' together with some damn peace and stagnation! Problems require solutions, solutions require Action and by golly that's what John'll do when the time comes. Laws will be put into place to handle things like property, governance and elections, thing's will be organized because John will call upon those smarter folk to all pool together to help him decide. Through their voice, John will represent a strong people of Whitford. Vote John and he'll have an open ear, an a closed fist!"

A picture of a Fist is drawn at the bottom with the letters J O H N on every knuckle.

Last edited:

Knight

Staff member
C. Head Staff
S. Event Manager
To let people campaign a bit more the election will be pushed back 2 days.

Tom Bob Johnson nominates himself for the mayor of the town.

His statement put up on the town notice board goes as follows.
"I wrassled them bandits, I'll wrassle your problems, yup."

Candidate Holland has posted even more posters with the following statements

"With these new developments, I'd like to say a few things. Firstly, we're gonna be listening to the people to see what issues that they care about the most. This is why I love Freedom of Speech so much, so many times, I gotta tell you, we got shit-heel politicians who don't listen to the people. Thats why I will be talking to business, medical, and other professionals to see what can be done to better this town. Today, for instance, we got a caravan ambush. Other than the tragic aspects of it, that obviously ain't good for the local economy: This further emphasizes the need for a militia to keep our trade routes safe."

"Second, we don't need any Commie-like strongmen who think that the best solution to everything is a heavy handed approach. You can't trust every other guy who says that they'll fix shit but don't actually have a plan to do it. If you just say 'Let the smart people handle it', that ain't a mayor, thats a yellow-belly guy who can't govern himself, and we sure as hell don't need those in our government. If you don't have any ideas about how to fix stuff yourself, what good are you? Good as a puppet, maybe. Anyhow, vote right. Vote Holland."

This poster has been approved by Chance Holland

There is yet another updated poster:

"After speaking with a local business woman, I wanted to clarify some things on my tax plan and trade. I am not aiming to tax the regular people of this town. Rather, I will set a limited tariff on incoming caravans between five to ten caps that they will have to pay to trade here. Now, I know some of you may be worried about them raising the price of goods for their shit. However, this is a very small amount relative to how much they trade. If they raised prices, it would be minimal. These tariff funds would be used to fund the militia I proposed, which would be used to protect the roads to secure trade. Just recently, we lost a large caravan to raiders. If we secure the roads with the militia, a more secure revenue stream will trickle into the town. That means more jobs, more trade, and more money. So, even with the tariff, combined with greater security, the town overall would make more money than it would before without any tariff or militia at all. Once the roads are secured, and the miltia are funded properly with uniforms, equipment, etc, the tariffs would be reduced. This money would be used to help pay miltiamen, or to be used for emergency funds for the town. Say, some bumbfuck blows a hole in the wall that we need to repair, or we need to buy stimpacks for the Doc in case shit hits the fan. With that in mind, Vote Holland, make this town great. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to me."

Another post would be made by John 'Jack' Doe

"Evidently, we have some ambitious folks who believe they are fighting off other politicians, this is not complicated politics, what other candidates seek to establish are taxed communities which they can benefit off of, they seek to do nothing but gain for themselves. I made my intentions clear, I am going to work on the town's efforts by listening to the people, and taking a strong approach to issues. Now I see folks like Holland repeat these same measures. Hey John Doe... That's a good idea, I should try writing that down too."

Vote John Doe, cut out the bullshit.

There is a sticky note written in blue ink posted under the latest John Doe Poster

"You wanna know whats bullshit? People running without any specific policy proposals on how to run the town. Thats bullshit. The measure on the caravans would go to fund the militia that would protect the town and allow the economy to grow safely without the burden being passed down onto the Citizens of Whitford. John Doe's political intentions are about as clear as a jar of sand and as substantive as a jar of Brahmin shit. This ain't singing koom-byah, Son, the town doesn't need politicians who don't have anything to say other than 'Il let the other people do the work'. Its impressive how one man can say so much and mean so little at the same time."

Vote Chance Holland, give Whitford the leadership it needs.

A rather skillfully done poster is stuck onto the board.

A brief statement on tariffs:

"I've been notified that a lot of you folks seem to confuse tariffs with taxes. With the tariffs I plan to institute, they will be imposed on outside Caravans wishing to trade here at the rate I've already mentioned, and then lowered once the town militia is funded. Combined with road security, more trade, and thus, more money overall will flow into Whitford. This burden will not be felt by the community. I'd also like to make clear that a town can't be run without money. Ain't nothing is free in this world. If the town were to go without funding, it would end in disaster. This isn't a charity, folks, our security has to be funded, or town has to have money to make repairs, and we need funds for if shit hits the fan. I ask to my fellow opponents, how do you plan on getting anything done without money? Do you plan on doing this all for free, for charity? No, I don't think you are. With my trade plan, as well as my efforts to secure the caravan routes, a trade center, freeing up businesses by legalizing more industries, this town will prosper."

Derrick Baldwin nominates himself for mayor

He includes a statement

"I am devoid of regular emotion, instead I am a being of logic. Yet I am benevolent, only taking altruistic courses of action. I guarantee our independence and a just set of laws where we all maintain our freedoms of private ownership of both land and property. I plan to have a council of the town's finest minds to ensure all areas of governance are looked over by those with expertise in those areas. Lastly I am a unique individual, my appearance and personality will not only prove to render our town an iconic locale for tourists, but be interesting to interact with for those who get the opportunity."

1560212829030.png

Jacob Hill Hereby enters himself into the race.

"This town requires a strong, naturally-willed leader to rip us from the grips of death, and that is exactly what I intend on doing! These other candidate, some of them good men, yes, but their morals and ideas are unethical and not up to modern debate."
"I promise the only true point that matters - Whitford shall remain independent, away from Capitalistic dogs and opportunist slavers!
"Vote for a better life, vote for true freedom, vote for Jacob Hill."
1560273748151.png

Knight

Staff member
C. Head Staff
S. Event Manager
Another election is being done for mayor. Re-post if you still want to be considered or make a post if you want to be put in race.

A man's voice is heard screaming from cells below the belly of the beast,

"Jacob, Jacob H- Agh!"

Derrick Baldwin nominates himself for mayor

He includes a statement

"I am devoid of regular emotion, instead I am a being of logic. Yet I am benevolent, only taking altruistic courses of action. I guarantee our independence and a just set of laws where we all maintain our freedoms of private ownership of both land and property. I plan to have a council of the town's finest minds to ensure all areas of governance are looked over by those with expertise in those areas. Lastly I am a unique individual, my appearance and personality will not only prove to render our town an iconic locale for tourists, but be interesting to interact with for those who get the opportunity."

View attachment 292

Hunk the Ghoul

his campaign message is "I used to be a politician before the war, I'm probably your best bet. So elect me, Hunk."